Monday, December 3, 2012

Randoms

It's been an exciting last few days.

My last day at work was last Friday and B and I celebrated by going out downtown to Trek Winery for complimentary appetizers and desserts and of course wine for Brian. Afterwards we strolled over to Left Coast Depot which is now open for dinner and I stuffed myself silly with there beet salad and a side of garlic fries.

Saturday, we hit 33 weeks pregnant! Supposedly Baby Flora is now the size of a pineapple, about 18 inches in length and weighing about 5 lbs! It's crazy to know that when I was born I was only 1 pound heavier than where she is now. It's also a wild thought to know I'm now 4 weeks away from being full term! She really could come at anytime!

Saturday evening, despite the stormy wet weather we braved the elements and drove (we planned on walking but I was nervous about slipping!) downtown to Novato's Annual Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. We got a chance to see the tree all lite up, hear the girl scouts sing some carols and scored some home baked goodies at the bake sale.

Sunday morning B and I dressed in our Holiday attire and took a trip south
to the annual Christmas
Brunch at the Country Club. We've been going for as long as I can remember and it's always a fun, festive time. Pictures with Santa, decorating cookies, mugs, gingerbread houses and tote bags, a buffet that blows away even a pregnant ladies appetite, beautiful holiday decorations and Christmas carolers that greet you when you arrive. It's going to be so special to have Flora with us next year and have our first family Christmas photo taken with Santa! And of course I'll be able to partake in endless amounts of mimosas!

Sunday afternoon we took the tour of labor and delivery at Kaiser Santa
Rosa. We were able to see a delivery room, the nursery, and the post-partum wing and I was so emotional during the whole thing. I was overwhelmed with excitement knowing that's where our Daughter is going to be born in just a matter of weeks. We get our own private room and bathroom for both delivery and post-partum, free wi-fi, and TV which B is very happy about ;)

Now that we've seen where she'll be born I guess it's time to start packing up our hospitals bags and type up our plan of action (who to call/email) when I go into labor and start preparing some
frozen meals for when we return home.















No comments:

Post a Comment