Saturday, January 5, 2013

38 Weeks-size of a leek

2 weeks until Flora's due date!!!!!!!

She's about 20 inches long and weighs about 7 lbs according to her gestational age. Although my guess is that she is going to be 21 inches and between 6 lbs 11oz-7 lbs 4 oz when she is born. Brian's prediction is more like 7-8 lbs.

I'm 50% effaced and still 1cm dilated according to my doctor's appointment Thursday afternoon. Cervix is thinning perfectly he said and the right "texture." He also re-confirmed her head is still down and "right there!" He recommended that I don't change anything about my daily routine i.e. walking, cleaning, running errands and that I have an incredibly positive and confident perspective on birthing naturally and also said I should count my blessings because I've been so lucky with having an easy pregnancy.

Still no surges (that's what Hypnobirthing mothers call "contractions") that I can identify, heartburn about 3 nights a week, and over a period of 9 months I've gained 22.5 lbs! Ekks! Not too terrible in my book ...

Brian went on a 4 mile hike today with Newton and a buddy of his and his dog so I've had the day to myself. I was able to deep clean the house and make a big batch of freshly baked raspberry chocolate chip cookies. Catching up on my reality shows and enjoying the warm and cozy indoors-not a bad day at all.

Happy Saturday Dolls!



No comments:

Post a Comment