Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Easy Dinner

With a sick husband and myself with low energy and a sore tummy from sitting at my desk all day, I decided to make an easy, protein filled dinner tonight. I got the idea from a blog I follow, BluebirdKisses. She's a wife and a mother of a really cute little boy and is all about whipping up simple, healthy dinners. Let's just say I'm only making chicken strips with almond flour from this point forward! AH-MAZE-ING. Here's her blog post about the salad. Recipe included. 

A few changes I made: I added grated carrots to the salad and left out the avocado because I didn't have one, and mixed organic apple cider and balsamic vinegar, olive oil, vegenaise (yes, that's vegan mayo folks-we've been using it for YEARS) and salt and pepper for the dressing.

B will have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow and I plan on making the chicken strips again for football Sunday (one weekend soon when we get cable and internet back!) paired with a tangy mustard dip and veggie sticks.
Image from BluebirdKisses
Image from BluebirdKisses


No comments:

Post a Comment