Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Weeks-size of a cabbage

30 weeks 3 days here!

Baby girl is grooooowing!!! She's about 16.5 inches long and weighs close to 3.5 lbs! She is constantly moving around, has bouts of hiccups, and kicks me with her tiny toes in my right hip bone nightly. Her head is hopefully still down with her little hands sitting right underneath my belly button.
As for our weekend-Saturday we (hesitantly) strolled into Babies R Us and it was all we expected it to be. An overload of primary colors, a plastic play land of toys and a mess of employees who could care less about customer service and scoring that 'Employee of the Quarter' award. We marched in with one goal-to buy our daughter's car seat and get the hell out of there. Which is exactly what we did. I'm praying  I don't have to step foot in that store for at least another three years. What a headache.

Early Sunday morning we bundled up and went on our second hike for the weekend, to Deer Island Trail just minutes from our house. It's our favorite trail because no one is ever there at the butt crack of dawn like we are and it's quiet and peaceful that time of the day. Everything was covered with frost, sun was shining and it was gorgeous out.
Showing off my awesome knee high socks.
SO COLD! We loved it!
Brrr! 
It was a clear blue morning!

Frost everywhere.
 I love those little bat ears of his. 
Do you see the piece of kibble flying at his mouth?! Great shot.
Sunday afternoon B and I finished  up rearranging and clearing out the garage and getting rid of more crap we don't need, don't use. Less is more these days. And Sunday evening I went to a girlfriend's house in town and had dinner with her and her husband and two kids and her best friend. I brought this salad and some spinach artichoke dip that I smeared onto a ciabatta roll then sprinkled with parm, which I then baked in the oven for 20 minutes. It was areally fun night. It's SO great to have new friends in town that I can count on for mommy advice and a good laugh.

***Changes I made to the broccoli salad recipe:

I used vegenaise, added 1 grated carrot, and about two hand fulls of chopped cashews that I toasted rather than sunflower seeds. It was a HIT at dinner. even my girlfriend's husband, who can hardly stomach broccoli, had some and gave it two thumbs up! I made enough for about 8 people so I brought the leftovers home and we had some with our dinner last night and it'll be my dinner tonight.

Lastly, I made  THIS INSANE Pinterest sweet treat Monday afternoon. It's a total pregnancy pin I'll admit! I whipped it up in just a matter of minutes and volia! Talk about guilty pleasure, WOW! Brian was in sugar HEAVEN!
Yes, that's brownie mix in the bowl! I poured it over the top!





No comments:

Post a Comment