Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Recipe

Here's the original recipe I was given from a co-worker months ago. I've made a few modifications.

I also made gruyere grilled cheese sandwiches on gluten free bread with sliced heirloom tomatoes.

Curried Cream of Broccoli soup

. ​​1 Tb butter or margerine-I use earth balance vegan butter
. ​​1 large yellow onion, chopped
. ​​2 cloves garlic (chopped)-I use three!
. ​​3/4 tsp curry powder or more to taste
. ​​freshly ground pepper
. ​​1 2/3 cups chicken broth-I always use veggie broth
. ​​1 cup water
. ​​1 bunch broccoli (1 pound) cut into flowerets, stems cut in slices
. ​​1 large potato, peeled and cubed- I always leave the skin on for added extra fiber.
. ​​1 cup milk (skim or low fat)-I always use almond milk
. ​​In saucepan melt butter and saute onions and garlic for a few minutes
. ​​Add curry, pepper, broth, and water to pan and bring the soup to boil
. ​​Add broccoli and potato. When mixture boils, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender
. ​​Puree the soup. Return soup to pan and add milk and cook over low heat until hot

No comments:

Post a Comment