Thursday, October 4, 2012

25 Week-Q's & A's


How far along? 25 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: I still have 3 lbs to go before returning to my pre-pregnancy weight! Although,  I'm not holding my breath for a miracle for the next 3 months. I'm sure I'll be there by the end of this month with Falls arrival and sweet treats of all kinds being baked in my kitchen now until the New Year!  
Maternity clothes? Old Navy just had a 50-70% off sale on all maternity wear so yes, I did purchase a few items for myself. A simple black  maxi dress, a cowl neck sweater dress, and a pair of their rockstar jeggings in black. Basic items I can dress up or down for the coming cooler months. 
Stretch marks: Still nothing new! Can I get an AMEN!!?!?!
Sleep: Up at least twice a night for bathroom breaks, tossing and turning from side to side (I miss the good ole' days when I was 'allowed' to sleep on my back, damnit), and a little restlessness before bed. The other night I shot right out of bed at 11pm and decided to sweep the entire house-why not?! An evening walk before bed helps with the restlessness too I've discovered. 
Best moment this week: Our Wednesday night HypnoBirthing class. Towards the end of each class I get very restless, mostly thinking about Newton being at home alone for 3 long hours. Typically, we end each class with a mini meditation/hypnosis practice-this time I was fighting off relaxing for the first 10 minutes or so, my body wouldn't relax-I kept opening my eyes, moving my feet, twitching, breathing heavy-I was sure I was going to give up on it. But something happened. I went out! My sub-conscious took over and I didn't remember a thing for the last 45 minutes of class. It was like nothing I've ever experienced before. So let's just say this gives me great hope (and confidence in myself) that when labor and active labor comes, I'll be able to put myself, with the help of Brian, into this state of mind. I just need to continue to keep practicing
*** New Question!...Crazy Dream this week: Thursday night I dreamt I was in labor. I was laboring naturally but there were so many people around me in the room-family, friends, hospital staff. It was a chaotic environment, which is the complete opposite for what it will be for the actual birth. Anyway, I remember being in tune with my body in the dream, practicing my breathing techniques, letting my body tell me what it needs and not putting any time constraint or pressure on myself to 'perform' in a certain time frame. It was a slow and long process. By the time I woke up to my alarm at 6:15am, I still hadn't had the baby in my dream. But that was ok with me. Maybe I'll go back to that dream tonight and it'll happen, naturally, at my own pace. 
Miss anything? Sleeping on my stomach, a stiff drink. 
Movement: Yes, daily! She has a dance party in my tummy around 2pm everyday after lunch. I knew she'd be a mover and shaker liker her mama, lol. Nighttime too. She's always happy to be home and hear her daddy's voice. She's even kicked him a few times when he's put his lips to my tummy. 
Food cravings: My green smoothie from Whole Foods Novato. It's a simple concoction of kale leaves, coconut water, a banana and blueberries or mango. My punch card is almost full! So yummy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pizza, tuna, mushrooms,marinara sauce. 
Have you started to show yet: Oh yah! The Belly has arrived!
Gender prediction: Sweet Baby Girl!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On and still really loose. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, tired, sleepy...(I sound like I'm naming off the seven dwarfs from Snow White, lol). Mostly happy though :)
Weekly Wisdom: Being married to your best friend makes life so much sweeter. I'm a lucky lady. 
Looking forward to: the weekend... baking Fall flavored goodies Saturday morning (while in my PJ's), picking out pumpkins and finding our way through the corn maze in Petaluma Saturday night and on Sunday a nice little picnic with my family, in Marin to watch the airshows for Fleet Week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment