Monday, October 8, 2012

25 Weeks-size of a rutabaga

***FYI- I wrote this entry yesterday, Sunday.

Baby girl is now about 14 inches and weighs around 2 lbs! Her skin is thickening up and her eyes are beginning to open! Not much to see but nonetheless a wild thought to know her sweet little eyes are looking around the inside of my tummy.

As I'm writing this B is busy finishing painting the living room walls and the animals and I are lounging in the bedroom after a fun day spent in San Francisco. We had a family picnic at Crissy Field, along the North shore of the Bay, to view the air shows for Fleet Week and the America's Cup Race! We also celebrated my mother's birthday which was Sept 27th! I woke up early this morning and baked a delicious lemon cake for the occasion. Recipe posted below.

Last night we rallied at Moylan's Brewery & Restaurant in town, after another long day of painting and rearranging the house, to watch the first game of the National League playoffs, SF Giants vs Cincinnati Reds. The Giants ended up losing... but the pumpkin cheesecake I had for dessert made it all better, well almost ;)

Back to the grind tomorrow. A full week of work for both of us, more painting, cleaning the kitchen for me (I can hardly see the counter!) and rest and relaxation in between all the madness. But besides the house projects and the (semi) stressful work days, things are cool as a cucumber at The Costa Pad. Healthy, happy and more in love with life than we've ever been.

Recipes:
This first one is from a food blog I've been following for a few years called Smitten Kitchen. I've made a hand full of her recipes and all have been hits. Here's the recipe for the lemon cake. It turned out perfecto!

Then I decided to make two recipes from Pinterest-Pumpkin Poppers (pictured below-mine look more like hockey pucks but they tasted damn good) and Crack Potatoes! Those of you that know me well, know that I'm OBSESSED with any potato recipe. I used minced pancetta (from TJ's) and real ranch dressing rather than bacon bits and a ranch dressing salad packet. Both recipes turned out delicious! 
B on his first beer at Moylan's (after a few tequila shots at home!)

Sportin' my orange & black!
Pumpkin Poppers...aka delicious hockey pucks, lol
Victoria & Carina building sand castles at Crissy Field
Mom & Dad enjoying the goodies at the picnic
Beach walk with B & Newts
Hanging with my two favorite little girls!
We can't wait to meet you Baby Flora <3
Front row seat for the air shows!
Fall centerpiece on our kitchen table-place mats from C&B
 (leaves that I picked this year from the trees at our local school,  pine cones from one of our  Winter hikes last year and 79 cent white pumpkins from WFoods)
Wicker pumpkins near the fireplace
Simple entryway welcome
Tim Burton characters I started collecting a few years back (the red devil was new this year!)
&  new pumpkin bowls filled with treats
The last of our Summer Harvest! Now on to the Winter crops!

No comments:

Post a Comment