Monday, September 10, 2012

21 Weeks-size of a banana

Where did the weekend go?!?
We (I really mean Brian) spent a majority of the weekend ripping up carpet and baseboards and moving around furniture, in preparation for the asbestos removal in our house, which is happening right now as a matter of fact. With the installation of new flooring NEXT week (can you tell the house projects have are in full swing?!) Brian discovered old ceramic tile in two of the three bedrooms a few weeks ago, which ended up testing positive for asbestos, soooo long story short we are having that removed today by professionals. This weekend was quite the "exciting" one to say the very least. The animals officially think we're nuts. We're living on bare concrete until the hard wood floor is installed next Monday-not a good look let me tell ya.  My darling, sweetheart of a Husband is working from Home today overseeing the asbestos removal, painting the nursery tonight (yippee!) and taking care of both animals and hopefully squeezing in a good night's rest somewhere in there for himself. I made sure to purchase a carton of ice cream so he can at least end his evenings with a BIG bowl of something sweet. And he DID get a foot massage last night. Lucky guy if you ask me ;) Until that's all done with, I'm spending two nights at my parents house to make sure I'm not breathing in any toxins and don't pass out from any fumes that might be present. 
Other than that, we did manage to squeeze in some fun on our "days off". Friday evening, we went to Pacheco Plaza and listened to some live soul/funk music outdoors, Saturday morning I had breakfast with a few other new members of the Novato Mother's Club at a local park, attended Trek Winery's grand opening that evening, (SOO cute, let's just say that I've already talked to the event coordinator about hosting my 30th bday party here!), and had a nice sushi dinner Sunday night, B's favorite. He deserved it! 

Moving on to Little Miss Flora-I can't believe she's the size of a banana, about 10.5 inches and weighing around 15 ounces! I feel her move more towards the late afternoon and in the evening, shortly after I've had lunch and dinner. No strong kicks or crazy flips yet, just stronger movements than before. As I mentioned above, B's painting her nursery tonight with zero VOC and low odor paint. Her room will be a grayish lavender with white and peach/pink accents and decor pieces. I talk to her often, especially on my car ride to and from work. We often listen to sweet melodies by Jack Johnson (his Curious George Lullaby soundtrack is so great!), Norah Jones and Dave Matthews , but I'm not going to lie, I do make sure to sneak in a few old school hip-hop songs too. Whether you like it or not ladies and gentleman, our baby will know who Snoop Dogg is :)
Overall a productive weekend for us, baby too. Everyone is healthy, happy and very much in love with life.
Pacheco Plaza's Summer Concert Series
Food, music & dancing!(It was adorable watching the little ones dance around knowing that'll be Flora one day!)
And so it begins...
The start of the carpet pile in our backyard!
Asbestos has been removed!
Grand Opening!
Cheers to the good life! La Dolce Vita!
Newts got to take a special nap on the bed, because he wasn't enjoying the concrete...
I think he likes napping on the bed with mama! : )

1 comment:

  1. Love it all! The dog sure knows how to make the best of a nap...made me jealous! Great news and great improvements..baby will be here before you know it and you can just spend the time kicking back and watching her grow...<3

    ReplyDelete