Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweet Summer Time

I'm all for exploring and discovering around town and my life's motto of "keep it spicy!" fits well with that sooo that's what we did this weekend! Here are a few pictures to wrap up all the fun we had exploring our sweet town of Novato and Marin County! We can't wait for Little Baby Costa to join in all the fun next year!  
*We picked Blackberries Friday evening along the country roads in Novato!*

*I'll freeze some for smoothies & make...

*Blackberry Chocolate Chip Scones for breakfast!!!*
*They were so good, I had 3 of them!!!!!!*

*Saturday-strolling through Mission Dolores in San Francisco!*
*Brunch at Radish w/ my best friend Katy & her Husband Sharad!*
*Catching some sun at Dolores park with B!*
*We roasted S'mores in our backyard Saturday which unbeknownst to me 
was National S'mores Day!*
Sunday we drove through a small little town in Marin County called Lucas Valley, where the famous and well-known director George Lucas lives. I'm pretty sure we located his house, I mean estate! It was enormous!!! Then to our surprise, we ended up driving through a small patch of Redwood trees on the way out towards the ocean and discovered the little town of Nicasio. We came across a cute little chapel, a general store/ restaurant and bar that hosts live music on its lawn every Sunday evening (definitely coming back for a show in Sept!), and also is home to a cheese factory! Lastly, we woke up at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning and took a 3 mile walk along the Rush Creek trail right by our house.  It was a very peaceful hike. I'm happy to know it's a stones throw from our from front. 

BTW-here's the recipe for the blackberry scones!  I added chocolate chips since we had them sitting around for a while and it was time to use them and I substituted organic plain non-fat yogurt instead of using the sour cream. Healthier version I guess ;) Next time I'd probably add more lemon zest because I LOVE the flavor. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment