Saturday, August 18, 2012

18 Weeks-size of a sweet potato

Baby is now 5.5 inches in length and weighs about 7oz, the size of a sweet potato, one of my favorite root veggies!

Starting this past Friday I've been feeling very strong flutter movement. It's a strange feeling, almost like tiny gas bubbles moving around, sometimes slight pressure and stretching pain involved as well. Knowing that the baby is growing so fast at this point and the idea of feeling movement makes me anxious and a little nervous but of course excited. We haven't seen the baby since our 12.5 week ultrasound and won't until Sept 4th. I really can't think about much else other then our baby and it's health and well-being. I guess my worrying as a first time mother for my child has officially begun-then again it really began 18 weeks ago. It truly is incredible how much unconditional love you have for a little bundle of joy you haven't even met yet. Knowing that Brian and I are bringing this baby into the world after 9 years of continuous love, laughter, joy, and friendship simply rocks my world. I remember meeting him in college just like it was yesterday. He was awkward and quiet yet simply irresistible somehow and exactly the type of guy I would never go for. We fell hard in love and it's only gotten more intense as time has gone by. Now we havin' a bay-bay! Haha! 

I'm so thrilled to be just 2 short weeks away from my half way mark-that means I'll be 5 months! So wild! I'm loving every day, every minute and moment being pregnant! Just 153 more days until baby's due date! 

No comments:

Post a Comment