Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's all about the journey

B left early this morning (4:30am) for his 18 mile hiking trip through the Yosemite mountains-his destination, an area called 10 Lakes. Yes there are in fact 10 lakes! He was anxious, but more excited for the adventures and the time in nature. It's been about four years since he's taken such a trek but I know he's mentally prepared and has everything he needs for a successful and safe hike. The weather looks clear and warm for Yosemite Valley so he is hoping to set up his hammock, rather then a tent, and sleep under the stars. How sweet, right?!

Since I have a (semi) quiet day with the animals and myself, I decided to treat Newts to a trip to the dog park early this morning (I couldn't go back to sleep after B left and neither could Newton) and relax in our backyard. Later on I'm hoping to make it to a local antique show to gather ideas and inspirations for the nursery. I may get my car washed as well-there's way too much dog hair in my back seat for my liking. I need to squeeze a nap in there somewhere too.


Enjoy some pictures I took today of our ever growing garden. Not pictured: hot peppers and lemon cucumbers. We have a ton of cucs! Hmm, I should make homemade tzaziki when B gets Home! I've also included two pictures of our new wine barrel that our neighbor gave us and cut in half. He works at Cline Winery in Sonoma and is able to get them for free when they're done being used or have a defect, i.e crack or leak. I LOVE them and can't wait to get two more to use with a piece of wood as a hightop table or bar for outdoor entertaining.
Zucchini
Black Krim Heirloom Tomatoes-these are going to be gorgeous when cut and displayed on a platter!

Yellow Pear Tomatoes-although they look red! Hmm!
Green Bell Peppers
I'm adding these beauties to a cold quinoa salad for my dinner on Monday!
Wine barrels on our back patio!
Drift wood from Crab Beach in Fortuna, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment