Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What a Weekend!

This past weekend was filled with fun times with friends, new and old.

Saturday morning I met up with a mom and baby group that I organized through the mothers club here in town, all babies born between Jan-April 3013. We met at a local coffee house and sat outside soaking up the sun. So far the group consists of 6 members, with the newest and youngest baby just a week old (was not present) will be joining the group in another few weeks! We discussed birth stories, future play dates, exercise routines and happy hours for future gatherings.

Later that day Brian and I caught up with my girlfriend Jen and her hubby at a local brewery in town. There was a Bayou New Orleans cover band playing so we ordered drinks and apps and scored a sweet table outside close to the music. It's so nice catching up with old friends because even when you're not able to see each other as often as you'd like because life gets busy, it always feels like old times, like nothing has changed. So cheers to that and great friends and food music!

Sunday my other girlfriend Jen hosted the three HypnoBirthing moms
and babies at her house for a brunch and clothing give-away. She has a toddler daughter and now a newborn son which has completed their family so she generously offered up all her daughters old clothes to the three of us with baby girls! It was fabulous. I snagged some brand new pink rain boots, tights, onesies, striped leggings, and a sweet like red and white gingham dress with tulips. I suggested our next gathering should be a hike sometime next week because I really need to get my ass in shape!

As for this week, we're Tahoe bound Friday morning to meet my parents and brother and his two beautiful girls for my 30th birthday celebration! Off to the mountains we go for 4 days of R&R!





















No comments:

Post a Comment