Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness

I watched this video today and it reminded me of myself when I was a little girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sv4PJWjk9M&sns=em

When my Father used to work in San Francisco he would go into the office periodically on the weekend and I would ask to go with him. I enjoyed the alone time with him, walking the busy city streets and running up and down his office hallways. But I mostly look forward to our morning ritual on the way there which was buying donuts for the homeless people that we would pass on the way to his building from his company parking garage. Not only was this idea mine but I begged him to let me take it a step further. A few of the homeless had pets and although I'm sure the cats and dogs would have enjoyed a bite of the old fashion donuts we were handing out, I insisted we also bring milk for the kittens and cat and dog food. I just couldn't walk past them and do nothing. My sweet Father always agreed and took the extra time to help me gather these items for my weekend act of kindness.

I've always had a BIG place in my heart and a huge passion for spreading joy, love, kindness and postivity to those who need it most and this memory is one of the many ways I've been able to act on it.

Now, with my own daughter, I envision her following in my footsteps. I see Flora as the little girl in this video. And I look forward to teaching her the beauty of acting out random acts of kindness daily, respecting others and taking care of the less fortunate, weak, abandon and neglected.

Be kind to one another. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment